- If at any time you feel dizzy or have difficulty breathing, gradually stop exercising and carefully dismount the equipment. Everyone is required to have water. Stay hydrated before, during and after class. Please drink water as you need it through your class. Please keep others away from all equipment when in use. PLEASE NOTE: Pets are never allowed on CYCLESURF STUDIO premises.
- In all CYCLESURF STUDIO classes, focus on form, posture, and making smooth transitions between movements.
- If you are pregnant please consult with your doctor before taking any CYCLESURF STUDIO classes as our workouts are both core intensive and aerobic.
- Our CYCLESURF STUDIO equipment is maximum weight rated to 350 pounds (159 kilograms). We therefore cannot admit you to CYCLESURF STUDIO classes if you weight is above this maximum rating.
- Keep at least 12” on either side of the CYCLESURF bike or board clear at all times.
CYCLESURF Bikes (LeMond Rev Master Pro Bikes or Similar)
- If you are new to indoor cycling we recommend you arrive 15 minutes early for proper bike setup and to meet your instructor.
- If you are new to indoor cycling, arrive early and ask your instructor for assistance. Record your settings in your cell phone so you remember them for next time and experiment through your first few classes and tweak them until the bike becomes comfortable.
- Our bikes adjust in 4 ways: 1. Seat Height, 2. Fore/Aft Seat Position, 3. Handlebar Height, and 4. Pedal Preference (Toe Cage or Clip In with SPD Bike Shoes). Ensure that adjustment knobs are properly secured and do not interfere with range of motion during exercise.
- Listen to your body, ride at your own pace and never place more tension than you feel comfortable with on the tension knob. If at any time it is too difficult to pedal then reduce the tension immediately.
- Children less than 4’11” should not ride CYCLESURF bikes. The bike mechanism and ergonomics are designed for riders 4’11” or taller.
- Do not insert any object or body part into any bike openings, or expose hands, arms or feet to the drive mechanism or other potentially moving part of the bike.
- The CYCLESURF bike has a weighted flywheel and a fixed gear. This means that in order to stop, you must gradually slow your pedal strokes rather than stopping abruptly. If you do need to stop immediately, push down on the resistance knob. Do not dismount the bike or remove your feet from the pedals until both the pedals and the flywheel have stopped completely. Failure to comply may lead to loss of control and serious injury.
- Always keep some resistance on the flywheel. After exercising, turn the resistance knob to a position of increased resistance so that the pedals will not rotate freely and potentially injure someone. PLEASE NOTE: Never turn the pedal crank arms by hand.
- Stay in control by executing all core movements and hand positions at a slow pace before attempting to increase your speed. Do not attempt to ride the CYCLESURF bike in a standing position at a high RPM until you have practiced at slower speeds.
- Do not use the CYCLESURF bike without proper footwear, only closed-toe athletic shoes or cycle shoes are acceptable. Never operate the bike with bare feet or sandals. Our pedals are compatible with SPD clips.
- Never remove your feet from the pedals while still in motion. If your foot does become disengaged, quickly move your feet to the sides and push down on the resistance knob to stop the flywheel’s motion.
- Please don’t distract others in the class and following staff instructions is not optional.
CYCLESURF Boards (SURFSET Boards or Similar)
- Keep maximum tension bands on your CYCLESURF STUDIO board until your Instructor agrees that you are ready to remove a tension band. Removing tension bands reduces the stability of the board and increases your chance of falling resulting in injury.
- If you are new to indoor surfing, arrive early and ask your instructor for assistance and work on your balance on the board.
- Listen to your body and work at your own pace.
- If at any time you feel dizzy or unbalanced then sit down on the board and if this condition persists notify your instructor.
Minors & Children
- Children are only allowed in CYCLESURF STUDIO if they are attending classes. CYCLESURF STUDIO does not offer child care and therefore does not allow children to be unsupervised in the fitness facility at any time. CYCLESURF reserves the right to deny access to any minor (anyone under the age of 18) related to safety concerns due to lack of maturity, physical stature or fitness level that could place the specific minor or others class attendees in an unsafe situation.
- Minors attending CYCLESURF STUDIO classes are expected to listen at all times and be of sufficient maturity to attend a fitness class independently without parental supervision/interaction regardless of the length of class time. Concentration is an essential key to attending CYCLESURF STUDIO classes and asks that parents and guardians carefully consider this before signing up their kids for our classes.
- Parents and Guardians understand that unless they personally participate in the Class, minors will not be supervised by an adult while the class is in session and therefore the Parent or Guardian is accepting all liability.
- Parents and Guardians acknowledge inherent health and safety risks with cardio based fitness classes and the usage of associated equipment, and also associated with leaving an unsupervised minor at CYCLESURF STUDIO Facilities during drop off, classes & pick up.
Thanks for your help in maintaining our awesome CYCLESURF community – PEACE, LOVE, CYCLESURF!