Our spin classes at CycleSurf Studio are really taking off as cyclists are beginning to plan for the winter with some recent very chilly mornings. Spin classes are a great way to expand your regular fitness repertoire, keep your workout fun and interesting, and keep your muscles a little more confused so you get greater benefit from each minute you spend in the studio (not the gym – but rather the studio where we craft each workout just for you and with you).
So I always get the question: How do you stay in such great shape? The truth is: SPINNING. I have been spinning 5+ times per week for close to 10 years now and it makes a big difference in many health wise ways.
Here is my list of 6 Spinning (indoor cycling) Health Benefits for you:
- ATTITUDE I find that I am generally more positive for a good 24 hours after spinning. Experts would say that it is the endorphin release. I would add that it is a really good cardio based sweat workout and an opportunity to release all of your stress and anxiety which puts you in a great mood too. That is a double positive – and we don’t get too many of those these days!
- WEIGHT LOSS & WEIGHT CONTROL Did you know that in a 50 minutes spin class you can burn up to 700 calories? This is really amazing when you consider that it is fun too. The range is 400-700 calories in a class but I have clients that have gone even above that. I realize that some of our members are intimidated by the spin bikes but I can confirm that it is really no different than riding your bike when you were a kid. In fact even easier because you don’t have to worry about steering. Come to one of my classes and I promise to show you how easy and approachable spinning is.
- MUSCLE CONFUSION I love all of the classes we offer including SurfSet Surfing, PiYo, TRX G-Strap Suspension Band Training, and Spinning. All fitness experts (including yours truly) will tell you that mixing up your workouts is highly recommended as it reduced fitness workout boredom while also challenging your muscles in new ways and also rounds out your total muscle group use.
- CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH Yes, spinning is heart healthy as it gets your heart into the correct cardio fitness range. When your ticker beats more rapidly you get improved blood flow and circulation. With this you will be able to think more clearly, have more energy and generally feel better.
- LOW IMPACT I don’t think there is anything you can do that is more low impact – maybe spinning and swimming could compete for this prize. There is no banging on the joints and bones like some other exercises can do. If you have joint pain and arthritis I recommend spinning as a great way to start your workout. The cool thing is that we can adjust your workouts to meet your fitness level through bike tension and pedal pace, then as you get more fit you can continue to be challenged through spinning.
- TONED BUTT & LEGS What every woman wants…need I say more!
With all of the benefits from spinning you owe it to yourself to try it out. I personally invite you to come try one of our spin classes at CYCLESURF Studio today – you will be glad you did!
At CYCLESURF Studio we workout adults and kids – ‘from 9 to 90’ (as I like to say: Children of All Ages although we have had kids as young as 3 years of age on the SurfBoards) – to help them get fit and healthy. We are producing some pretty amazing weight loss stories too. We use both the SURFSET® Fitness Board and the LeMond Revmaster® Pro Stationary Bike to have fun through exercise while working out with focus on 3 areas: CORE, OVERALL STRENGTH & BALANCE. We have added PiYo and Suspension Training classes with the G-Strap System enabling some awesome fitness fusion classes and mixing it up for some great muscle confusion. Come in to try a class in our O’Fallon, Illinois studio today and come meet me! We serve the entire St. Clair County and Madison County, Illinois region and surrounding area including: Belleville IL, Caseyville IL, Collinsville IL, Edwardsville IL, Fairview Heights IL, Granite City IL, Highland IL, Lebanon IL, Mascoutah IL, Scott AFB IL, Shiloh IL, Swansea IL, Troy IL and all points in between. We even have clients come from St. Louis, Missouri – covering the entire St. Louis Metro Bi-State Region. We are conveniently located at 633 West Highway 50 in O’Fallon, IL 62269 near the intersection of West Hwy 50 and Cambridge Blvd (next to the O’Fallon, IL Walgreens). We love families too – consider bringing in your family for one of our ALL AGE CLASSES and experience the CycleSurf fun together or call me to plan a birthday party – for you or your kids – or even a charity fund raiser. If you are searching for fitness fun in O’Fallon Illinois (IL) come to CycleSurf Studio!
Please remember your health is never an option.
Peace, Love, CYCLESURF!